Friday, April 15, 2011

Akshardham

So... it's been a long time since my last post... I've been super busy at work, but I figured out the solution to this problem... I'll just blog at work!
Lately I have been getting into work around 10 am and working until 10pm... so long days and nights. They're starting to get longer since I'm starting to miss home and I'm desperately awaiting the arrival of Katrina. I know, gross, bob loves katrina, bla bla bla... whats new, right?
Anyways... so I've been having a great time in india since my last post. I'm starting to get a lot more comfortable in the office and I'm starting to make my 'work friends'. So I realize that I usually do a bullet point outline of my days in india, so I'm just going to stick with that. So, a few new things that I have learned/experienced in india...

  • Akshardham: I went to Akshardham last weekend. I think it's the newest temple in Delhi. The place was massive, the architecture was beautiful... it was truly an experience i'll never forget. 
Ram and Nattu (2 guys from the office) were nice enough to take me there and show me around. First we went to the central temple... It had statues of a lot of the hindu gods and they shared the story of each of them... very interesting. Then they took me to the center of this temple and we looked at the 'main god' of the temple. By this I was very confused... b/c in hinduism there are 3 main gods... verma, shiva, and one other i think? But now there is a main, main god?
Confusion...
Anyways... I found out that each temple has it's own god that's worshiped. I can't remember the name of this one, but I learned plenty about him through videos, animatronics (seriously), and tours throughout the temple. It was truly a hindu god theme park. A little creepy, but a little fun.
After the creepy animatronic shows and such, we went outside (by this time it was dark) for the water/light show in front of the giant main god statue. There were probably about 2000 people there. Very very fun.

So that was Akshardham. This blog isn't letting me add photos, but I think they're available on facebook!

Bob







No comments:

Post a Comment