Friday, April 1, 2011

4/1/2011 post - Camels?

So yesterday and this morning I learned a few things...

1. I thought I saw some camel statues outside of my hotel yesterday. On the way back from work I realized they were actually camels...


2. Eating at a traditional indian restaurant is not the same as eating at an indian restaurant in the U.S. Some of my co-workers took me out to lunch yesterday at this restaurant. I truly felt like I was learning to read again. There are too many things to share about my lunch experience so I'll just say 2 things that stood out... 1. Don't try to grab nan bread that is shared with your left hand... huge no no... 2. at the end of the meal they give you a bowl full of warm water with a lemon in it. initially i thought, 'yes! this must be a traditional indian tea!' psych. it's water to wash your hands. i guess the lemon takes the indian food smell off of your hands... The whole experience was amazing and the food was great. I got chicken tiki masala... i know, 'way to step outside the box bob!'. it was delicious though! i'm not ashamed.

3. I went walking to look for a grocery store called 'Spencers'. Couldn't find it :( But some nice dudes did point me to a store close to the hotel that I can go to. On my long journey I did realized something... the pigs are no longer as cute as i thought. My last post unveiled this discovery of the pigs. On a 45 minute walk today I probably saw 50-75 pigs just walking around the streets... 
 

The last day has been quite an experience. I'm still trying to get my sleep under control and I think I have today. I slept until 6:30am this morning so that's good news. I should have a full day of work today where I'm told they're throwing me a welcome pizza party. Should be fun. Well, I'm off to the grocery store!

B




No comments:

Post a Comment