Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Unintended Walking Tour

After my trip to the fabric store yesterday, I took a rickshaw to the tailor.  It turns out her shop was in a pretty residential area, which was fine.  When the driver dropped me off, I asked him to wait for me, but when I came back outside he was gone!  Since the tailor's house was about 4km from the main road, which was the closest place I could find another rickshaw, I had a long walk (in the sweltering heat) ahead of me.  But my loss is your gain!

I've been admiring the architecture of the city lately, so I decided to make the best of my misfortune by taking pictures of the homes in the neighborhood where I was abandoned.  The architecture features modern, colonial, and even Victorian influences, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.









No comments:

Post a Comment