Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fabulous Fabrics.

India is the home to many fabulous textiles, including handwoven rugs, the ubiquitous pashmina, and a bevy of unique fabrics.  One of my many goals here is to get some custom made clothing, especially a few dresses made out of amazing fabrics.

Locating my favorite fabric store was a little work, but I finally found one.  Below, you will see a few pictures of the store's selection, which includes over a thousand unique fabrics!  If you see something you want, let me know (as best you can), and I'll be happy to bring it back for you.

I chose a blue paisley cotton, and took it to a tailor that the store owner recommended.  I also took a dress I liked, and I asked her to copy it.  I get to pick it up tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes!
 












No comments:

Post a Comment