Thursday, April 28, 2011

Corn flakes and boiled eggs?

I just got home from my first day of work after the chicken/heat stroke episode. When I got to the hotel, all 3 guys at reception stood up abruptly and asked what I wanted for dinner. So I pulled out a menu, looked it over... Of course there is only curry this, masala that... not gonna happen. I closed the menu and said, "I will have cornflakes and boiled eggs for dinner... and I'll wash it down with some mineral water". The guys at the desk thought it was the greatest joke ever. I wasn't joking. When I walked away and went into my room, the waiter followed me, laughing and said, "Dinner sir... boiled egg and cornflake?". "Yes, boiled egg and cornflake", I said. He looked a bit concerned and walked away. I am now anxiously awaiting this delectable meal. Haven't they heard of breakfast for dinner? If they haven't, they have now :)

Bobby J

No comments:

Post a Comment